Kentico is a robust web content management system for developing world class websites and feature-rich online stores. It uses ASP.NET and Microsoft SQL Server and allows custom-made development via its portal engine or Visual Studio. If you are looking forward to develop a brand new CMS with extraordinary features, you should hire Kentico CMS Development Company in India. They will not only develop a fabulous store but also help you devise a seamless approach to migrate from any CMS into Kentico.
Migrating data from another platform to Kentico CMS is quite easy, but the migration approach can be changed on the basis of the source. Let’s see step by step process that will aid you in planning your CMS migration:
1. Analyze the website content: Analyze the existing website content extensively and determine the content types, quantity, patterns, and the complexities. It will support you define your migration approach actively.
2. Architect the Site: The following step is architect the site in Kentico environment. From the page types to web parts, modules to media, aliasing structure to page tree everything you should identify actively and then make an architecture document.
3. Mapping the Content: Create a mapping document actively that maps the fields in the source node with the corresponding fields in the destination node.
4. Migration Approach: Create a list for the contents that are to be migrated manually or with the help of an automated system.
5. Develop Custom Scripts: Even the tools are highly effective in order to migrate content, you need to develop custom scripts using Kentico API’s to exactly meet the specific requirements. Professionals at SynapseIndia have large years of expertise to understand the importance of these vital tools and leverage them to migrate content in the most proficient manner.
6. Gap Data Migration: This is the last but important step. While the data migration is in the process, you might be added additional content to the live site. And the Gap data migration supports you migrating those newly introduced items and managing a mapping table effectively.